Managing warehouse inventory is easy with Datamax-O'Neil's Long Range Retro Reflective Labels.
It's inventory time again! Datamax-O'Neil's Retro Reflective Labels are made specifically for long-distance barcode scanning up to 50 feet with long-range scanners. The facestock of this thermal transfer printable, polyester based material blends microscopic crushed glass beads that reflect the scanner's laser for a quick and easy read. These Retro Reflective labels are specially designed to allow upper level rack scanning from floor level!
Features and Benefits:
- Scan and read barcodes on high levels from the floor
- Retro Reflective material offers increased scanning range
- Improve readability and productivity for stocking, picking and inventory management
- Increase use of higher rack levels to expand available space
- Durable and dependable
Have a unique labeling application? Talk to a specialist and test free sample labels. Contact RMS Omega today!
Make sure you have the right labels for long range scanning. Give us a call at 888.857.8402!
The top 10 reasons to consider a rugged computer over a throw-away, consumer grade device:
10. Rugged devices typically have a longer production cycle measured in years vs months for the various consumer grade units. This means that your IT/help-desk can support only 1 device over a period of years and not have to worry about supporting devices that get refreshed or phased out every few months. It also means that they can standardize on accessories such as chargers and docks.
9. Rugged devices have long lasting, replaceable batteries. The units and their batteries are designed to last a full shift of use on a complete charge. You don't have to send a unit in to replace a battery or worse, throw it away.
8. Using a rugged computer will minimize downtime due to a broken device. It certainly doesn't make sense to use a non-rugged, consumer grade device on mission critical applications, especially when they are route based. Doing so, could stop the productivity of your route person dead in its tracks!
7. Rugged devices are just as the name says, rugged! They are made to handle the demands of rugged shop-floor or route environments without needing to be repaired or serviced.
6. Rugged devices typically allow for more OS personalization. This allows your device to be configured to optimal settings for your needs.
5. Rugged computers include more configurable hardware options to be installed at the time of manufacture. (or in our case, modules that can be field upgraded). This includes scanners, cameras, WWAN, GPS, RFID, displays and more.
4. Rugged computers usually are available with cost-effective service contracts that typically also include user abuse repairs. Not just manufacturer defects like with most consumer grade devices.
3. Rugged computers almost always have a long list of accessories that are available. This helps you maximize the benefit of the device in the real world by providing holsters, chargers that can be setup strategically and communication docks.
2. Rugged computers generally have a long list of supported software applications that provide your support staff the tools to effectively, roll-out, support and manage them. Motorola offers lock-down shell utilities to keep your workers focused only on the tasks and applications that you permit. Motorola also offers an application called Mobility+. This app helps you support staff, remotely manage and support devices in the field and even report back business and process analytics to help your organization become more efficient and effective.
1. Rugged devices typically have a much lower TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP. Even though they generally cost more per unit up front, over the course of 3-5 years the cost of purchasing, maintaining and managing a disposable, consumer grade computer far outweighs that of a rugged computer.
Learn more about Rugged Handheld Computers designed for the enterprise from Motorola Solutions.
How does Motorola test rugged devices?
Watch a short video:
Need to cover-up a printing mistake on a package or hide incorrect information? Datamax-O'Neil's Thermal Cover-Up label is designed with an opaque block out property on the underside of the facestock to help with any cover-up needs!
Just apply the cover-up over an existing label to block out print with no bleed-through from the underlying label. It's that quick and easy!
- Barcode cover-up labels
- Ingredient changes
- Price markdown
- Rack labels
- Shipping containers
- Retail Packaging
Datamax-O'Neil's Opaque Cover-Up label is available in stock and custom sizes.
Have a unique labeling application? Talk to a specialist and test free samples. Contact RMS Omega today!
Say you submerged your labels in the English Channel for three months... Think you could still read them? Read on to learn about the tough labeling standards and requirements for hazmat containers.
Labels for hazmat containers need to be safe, efficient, and compliant.
When it comes to hazardous materials, safety is very important. Labeling hazardous materials correctly and reliably is essential. You’re going to need labels that have been tested for not only durability, but the print image acceptance. What good is a label if you can’t read it?
You also want labels that are going to be efficient in your workflow. Labels that have been tested extensively are going to ensure high quality and consistent results compared to those that are not tested. When your labels are consistent, the need for you to check each one of them is reduced, increasing efficiency. The higher quality of the label, the higher the safety and reliability. It is also important to ensure labels are compatible with the printer in use.
Labels should be compliant with certification standards, especially when dealing with hazardous materials. Compliance will help ensure that the labels can withstand certain environments, keep their color, and ensure permanence of the writing.
The Total Solution - Compliance For Labeling Hazardous Materials
Datamax-O’Neil’s ChemShield Drum labeling Solution may be the answer to your problems! Datamax-O’Neil has certifications for their hazmat container labels to make sure they don’t rip, tear, disintegrate, or lose color. Labels that have passed these certifications provide safety, efficiency, and compliance.
When it comes to labeling hazardous materials, there are three different certifications which include:
- BS5609 Section 2 Certified
- BS5609 Section 3 Certified with D-O applied pre-print
- BS5609 Section 3 Certified with D-O Thermal Transfer Ribbons
What do all those letters and numbers mean?
BS5609 is a British Maritime Standard. It is the measurement of extreme durability. Labels have to withstand a submersion test for three months in the English Channel! If a label is BS5609 compliant, it has met the most stringent tests for durability in the industry. BS5609 compliance has 2 sections: section 2 and section 3.
Section 2 compliance requires testing. After being exposed to saltwater and sunlight, testing is conducted on the labels which include testing to coated base material.
Section 3 compliance tests labels that have print on them. After being exposed to weathering, testing is done of the labels. The abrasion resistance and the permanence of the print are tested. The labels also get tested for color. Section 3 compliance certified colors include black, red, blue, yellow, orange, and varnish.
What products have these certifications?
ChemShield Drum labeling solutions currently have all three compliances.
1. ChemShield-V Drum Labels are laser vinyl labels. They are BS5609 Section 2 certified and BS5609 Section 3 certified with D-O applied pre-print.
2. There are also the ChemShield Polypro Drum Labels which are thermal transfer polypropylene labels. These labels are BS5609 Section 2 Certified, BS5609 Section 3 certified with D-O applied pre-print, and BS5609 Section 3 certified with D-O thermal transfer ribbons.
Since Datamax-O’Neil is a printer manufacturer, they made sure that both labels are compatible with their printers. One printer that is recommended for these particular labels is the H-Class printer. The H-Class is rugged, versatile, and ideal for high-volume label printing. Without compatible printers, these labels would be no good.
Don’t these labels sound like the ideal solution? For more information, feel free to contact us. We can talk labels with you all day!
Emerging Trends in Mobile & Wireless Technology - October 22, 2013
RMS Omega is hosting an event for Industrial IT & Management Professionals on Oct. 22, 2013 at Mountain Branch Golf Club in Joppa, MD. During this event, industry professionals will have the opportunity to hear from leading technology providers about best practices and future technology trends, and get a little golf in before the weather gets too chilly!
We plan to start the day with a hot breakfast, a few educational sessions from Motorola Solutions, Zebra Technologies, Wavelink and Foxfire Software, then grab lunch and head out on the course!
And... Did we mention this event is FREE of charge?
RMS Omega is all for getting out and helping within the community. For the past 10 years, RMS Omega has supported charities, including CPARC – The Arc of Cumberland & Perry Counties. Read the CPARC's mission below.
For the 10th year, RMS Omega supported The S. Wilson Pollock Center for Industrial Training program at their annual golf outing. This program’s mission is to serve the needs of individuals with vocational challenges. The Pollock Center provides educational training and opportunities for employment for those with disabilities as well as other vocational challenges. More information about The S. Wilson Pollock Center for Industrial Training program can be found here.
Every year the Pollock Center hosts a golf tornament which raises money towards their mission. After 10 years of being a corporate sponsor for the S. Wilson Pollock Center for Industrial Training program, RMS Omega has been recognized with this plaque!
CPARC's Mission - “The mission of The Arc of Cumberland & Perry Counties is to provide support, training, and opportunities to people with intellectual disabilities and their families. The Arc empowers people to achieve their highest level of independence and become contributing, responsible and proud members of society. The Arc works to educate the public and to inspire public policy, and promotes the realization of a fulfilled life for all people.”
Motorola’s MC3100 Mobile Computer Series includes a number of great features. It offers increased memory, compatibility with other mobile computers and devices, support for Microsoft Windows, and is very customizable to provide your business with the latest technology.
One More Feature
One additional feature that makes the MC3100 Series unique is the option to change keypads. Motorola MAX keypads can be changed or swapped out to best suit your business’ needs. If a keypad is damaged, it can be repaired or replaced with the mobile computer still in commission.
There are many types of keypads in existence, and different keypads work better for different work environments. If your business performs a large range of tasks, maybe you need all three. Motorola’s MC3100 comes with the following options:
- 38-key shifted alpha
- 48-key alpha numeric
- 28-key numeric
Contact us for more information about the MC3100 and its different keypad options.
Is Motorola’s MC9500-K the perfect mobile computer for you? The MC9500-K is a premium industrial-class rugged handheld computer. Not only is the MC9500-K rugged, but it’s sleek, light, and easy to grip - It’s also easy to use with one hand. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better… you can swap out or change the device's keypad based on how you plan to use it.
Use what works best for you - Motorola offers a portfolio of modular customer-swappable keypads for increased application flexibility.
Different mobile computers have different keypad options because they are capable of preforming different tasks. You no longer have to choose a mobile computer based on its keypad! Thanks to Motorola MAX Keypads, the MC9500-K is available with 4 different keypads. Below are the 4 keypad options available for this device, allowing the user to have complete flexibility.
These keypads can be switched in only a few minutes. Being able to switch the keypads provides the greatest efficiency because if one keypad gets damaged the mobile computer can still be utilized.
Contact us to learn more about the MC9500-K and its interchangeable keypads.
Change keypads in minutes with Motorola MAX Keypad!
A family of six interchangeable keypads makes data entry easy for any type of application. If your data entry requirements change or the keypad is damaged, the modular architecture allows you to change the keypad in minutes.
Learn more about the different keypads available for Motorola's popular industrial mobile computer, the MC9190 series.
- Utilizes the same keypads as the MC9090-G
- Meets the needs of virtually any application – from heavy text entry to calculator-style numeric
- Keypads can be swapped in your back room in minutes
- Quickly swap and service keypads in the unlikely event of keypad damage
- Upgrade keypads to accommodate new business areas
Download a datasheet for Motorola's MC9190-G.
Take your pick! Motorola's family of six interchangeable keypads:
Contact us and learn more about the different options for your rugged mobile computers.
Usually when you hear the term “tablet” you think of the iPad, Android tablet, or another brand of consumer media tablets. Although tablets are often used for a consumer’s personal use, they can be used in your business as well.
Lucky for you, Motorola recently came out with a new tablet called the ET1 Enterprise Tablet. Unlike the iPad or other consumer tablets, the ET1 has been built to handle everyday business use while supporting enterprise class features.
Features & Benefits:
- Ultra-strong 7 in Gorilla® Glass touch screen
- High-speed Cellular/Wi-Fi wireless connections
- Options to easily add and build applications
- Built for multiple users with feature-level control
- Data is encrypted and secure whether on the devices internal drive or on removable media
- Enhanced Android Operating System
ET1 Examination – Outside to Inside
On the outside, the ET1 is extremely durable. It can withstand drops, spills and bumps. There is built in protection against cold temperatures in the winter and hot temperatures in the summer. The screen on the ET1 is made with Gorilla glass, making it virtually impossible to damage. So, even if you drop it, the screen will not shatter like a consumer grade media tablet. The iPad, for example, is notorious for having a cracked or shattered screen. While the screen is tough, it is still a touchscreen. In cold weather when the user may be wearing gloves, the touchscreen capability will still work.
There are several accessories that go along with the ET1.
For easy operation, the ET1 has an efficient and unique swivel hand strap allowing you to operate the tablet with only one hand. There are multi-slot charging cradles and battery chargers which are great for saving space and keeping your devices charged and ready. The ET1 also has user friendly replaceable and rechargeable batteries.
When you have a large workforce or limited budget, sharing devices can often save your business money. The ET1 has a multi-user log in option, a useful feature when you have multiple workers with different job functions or shifts.
If multiple people are using the same tablet, you'd think there might be a memory problem? A tablet is such small a device, that having a lot of memory space seems close to impossible. However, the ET1 can support extremely graphic intensive applications. You can also have up to 32GB of memory using the micro SD card slot.
The ET1's barcode scanner is able to capture information quickly and accurately. It takes less than one second to capture a barcode, which is faster than some barcode scanners themselves, let alone consumer tablets.
The ET1 also keeps your data secure. All information, whether on the devices internal drive or on removable media, is encrypted so it is safe and secure. With Bluetooth and wireless support, this tablet allows for easy communication with other people and devices.
The newest feature of the ET1 is its capability to connect to Wi-Fi and high speed cellular towers. It can connect to the high speed 4G network, and the 3G network. You can choose to use one or the other, or both! This feature does require a data plan, but it’s well worth it to have the high speed connection to enable maximum performance for your workforce.
So, where can I use this tablet?
This tablet can be used in a vareity of work envrionments including retail, transportation and distribution, mobile workforce, and even healthcare.
If you would like more information about the ET1 Enterprise Tablet, please don’t hesitate to contact us.